Friday, January 30, 2015

Final Entry......

Where do I start? What do I write? How do I explain this?

As I sit here, I have written and deleted many words, to many to count. I thought about Lisa and how she would want this handled. First she would tell me  to "get my own blog", this is hers! Then I think she would want you to know what happened and how we will carry on. So here we go.

"Hey, let's sit on the couch and talk about mommy". That's how the conversation started. It seemed like we were crying together just seconds later. Holding each other, helping each other in a way that only we can. It was the most private of moments in my life that I will ever only share with a few people and I will leave it at that.

What you need to know now is, Katherine is an amazing child and we know who is responsible for that. She had and has her moments but is strong and caring and she knows mommy is ok now. She isn't sick anymore and she is all around us (Katherine's words).

On Wednesday night Lisa left us. She never shyed away from sharing what was happening medically so neither will I. 
The cancer had moved into her lungs. It had spread to the point of causing the lungs to put pressure on the heart. It was that beautiful heart that failed her that sad night in the hospital. 

It will also be that heart of hers that we remember. She was able to hold all of us in it and still had room to give. We know she was fiercely loyal to her friends and family and I have felt that love in return these last days. Know that the amazing response has been overwhelming.

I imagine she is rolling her eyes at me rite now and coming up with a snarky comment about all this. But I have your phone now Lisa so I'm in charge!

This will be the final post on this blog. That does not mean it's the final chapter. We will all continue on, we must. Lisa would be pissed if we didn't to be honest. We will continue together as a stronger community. That will be one of her legacies. She will bring people closer and put our lives is perspective.

Lisa words from her first blog entry:
" I'm so overwhelmed by the love and support everyone has given, and I am often brought to tears reading your texts, emails, posts, etc.  I am so very lucky to have the family and friends I do.  It is during hard times when you come to appreciate what you have in life.  I have so much.  So very much."

-Lisa Cochran Delaney




No comments:

Post a Comment