Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Treatment Round #2

Well, it has been a little more than a week since the first treatment of my second round of chemo.  I definitely have less nausea this time around, so the change from cisplatin to carboplatin worked for that.  I'm exhausted, however, and I'm starting to realize that's not from laying in bed all day, since I was up and about more than not this time.  Seems this chemo thing takes its toll on you.  I get out of breath and out of energy just walking to the kitchen or the bathroom.  Taking a bath is exhausting.  I know this will get better each day, but it sucks not being able to go out even when I feel better.  I need to give myself a break, I know.  I'm just so bored.  The mouth sores are still here and I get them in my throat rather than my mouth, so it's really lovely to swallow.  I'm working on day 5 of them.  Last time they lasted a week.  Prior to that it was about 3 days.  I'm not happy with the way that's progressing.  I have been trying to eat through everything, however yesterday was not a good day for food.  Everything upset my stomach and pretty much went right through me.  I'll try again today.  Last night when I went to bed my stomach was literally screaming at me in hunger.  I was kinda scared.  Really.  But I knew eating something would just send me to the bathroom again and decided to ignore it.  I mean, my stomach may have been what put me in this place to begin with, so it can just pipe down a bit!

I have a 4 week schedule this time, which gives me an extra week of recovery, which is awesome.  I didn't want to be going through treatment the week of Halloween, and this also bumps everything back so I'm good for Thanksgiving.  I'm trying to fit in as much as I can in that time that I haven't been able to do, but I don't want to over do it.  Long term disability is about to kick in as well, so I really have to watch the funds.  When you're bored all day, it's amazing how much money you can spend.  Gotta nip that one!

So this will probably be it until the next session.  Have a fantastic Halloween all!  Enjoy the Fall weather, wherever you are!

xo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment