Monday, September 24, 2012

Wrapping up round 1

Well my first "round" of chemo is now winding down and the side effects haven't waned much at all.  The nausea patch I was given this time seemed to help during week 1, but the worst of my side effects happen going into week 2, so I'm going to need to talk to my doc about the timing of that one.  My nausea is starting to fade, only lingering due to mouth sores that make me gag when I swallow.  They'll be gone in another day or two and I can get back to regaining the weight I've lost this time.  Kat and I will have a girls day this week and next for sure, as I try and make up lost time with her.  The guilt is overwhelming, even though I'm doing what I have to do to be a good mom for her.  My CT scan is scheduled for October 5, and hopefully that brings good news - or no news at the very least.  It will be very hard to hear the cancer has spread and knowing they still have no idea where it originated and aren't sure how to treat it. 

Today is a very weak day and I find myself drifting off with "chemo brain" as I type this, so I'm going to sign off for now.  Big weekend coming up.  LOTS of birthdays being celebrated in the Delaney/Cochran clan!  I need to get back my strength.

On a side note, I was given the ok to have alcohol moderately.  Yay!  Not that I'm a huge drinker, but even my doctor said a drink now and then will be good for me.  Especially when I'm having dinner with the girls and want to enjoy a nice glass of wine.  It's the little things these days.

xo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment